Website Nordic Heritage Museum
Position Title: Adult Education Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Create and manage adult educational programming at the Nordic Heritage Museum.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and manage all aspects of adult educational programs, workshops, classes, and receptions, including the Nordic Knitting Conference; Craft School; the Raoul Wallenberg Dinner; and other educational programming as assigned.
• Research, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programming; manage budgets, resources, communications, and timelines.
• Respond to proposals for educational programs at the Museum.
• Develop and manage partnerships with community groups to enhance educational programming.
• Develop programs, activities, and resources to complement temporary exhibitions with the Chief Curator, Program Manager, and Exhibitions Coordinator.
• In collaboration with the Public Program Coordinator and Children’s Educator, oversee the Museum’s docent program.
• Coordinate self-guided and docent-led tours of the Museum for adults.
• Provide administrative and programmatic support to Program Manager as required.
• Respond to general inquiries concerning Museum programming.
• Liaise with development and operations staff to communicate needs in the areas of marketing, volunteer, fund development and facilities support.
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders (staff, volunteers, vendors, customers, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent administrative and time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to anticipate needs and challenges, take initiative, ask questions, and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Knowledge of Nordic culture and language.
• Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
• Highly professional public presence and strong customer service orientation.
• BA + 3 years relevant experience in Museum education or related field
• Weekend and evening work
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint. Advanced web research skills.
• Proficient in PC platform
• Valid drivers’ license
• Ability to lift 35lbs
• Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All employees are expected to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Adult Education Coordinator (Part-time)
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement via email to HR@nordicmuseum.org Incomplete applications will be not be considered.
Application Close Date: Open until filled. No phone calls, please.